GENICON develops and markets advanced medical devices for minimally invasive surgery (MIS). The company focuses on procedure-enabling devices for the interventional diagnosis and treatment of conditions in general and bariatric surgery, as well as gastrointestinal health, gynecology and pediatric surgery.
At GENICON, we work with surgeons and clinicians around the world to develop innovative medical devices that advance the medical industry. Our passion includes: reducing the pain and scarring related to surgery, lowering patient anxiety, working with doctors to develop less invasive products, improving the quality of life for people around the world, and transforming patient care through innovation.
GENICON offers results-driven people a place where they can make a difference. It is our privilege to create medical technology that meets our customers’ expectations and improves peoples’ lives around the world. We give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential. GENICON is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer as an equal opportunity employer. Please download the application below and send the completed copy to email@example.com.
Design Engineer – Medical Device
Who We Are
Founded in 1998 and based in Orlando, Florida, GENICON is recognized as an emerging leader in the design, production, and distribution of patented surgical instrumentation focused on laparoscopic surgery.
Currently we are expanding our engineering department. We have a great opportunity for a Staff R&D Engineer who wants to work in an inspiring and motivated team atmosphere.
- Identifies and analyzes design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy technical requirements using both internal and external technical resources
- Formulates new, innovative approaches to solve technical problems on a consistent basis
- Uses engineering and quality process improvements that impact the business via use of best industry practices
- Leads development of product specifications, risk documents and conducts technical and design reviews
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of Design History Files
- Insures project deliverables meet global requirements (Regulatory, Corporate, Notified Body, etc., as required)
- Supports and participates during internal and external audits / inspections as needed
- BSME with minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Medical Device field – Experience in Endoscopy and Disposable Instrumentation preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Knowledge of Patent and Trademark Law, Project Management, Six Sigma Design Methodologies preferred
- Knowledge of injection molding a plus
- Required: Strong analytical skills, Self-motivation, Strong communication skills